Scott Zema, BA, MA, ISA CAPP, a full-time, professional appraiser certified by the International Society of Appraisers™ and has been in practice for almost 30 years. Born in Seattle, Scott has been twice co-president of the Northwest Chapter of the International Society of Appraisers and hold a bachelor and advanced degrees in Art History and Architecture from the University of Washington. Scott has also interned at the Seattle Art Museum and the Henry Gallery at the University of Washington, as well as taught art history at the University as a graduate instructor. Scott has been a past board member of the Snohomish County Arts Council and was a founding member of the Snohomish County Arts Commission. Scott has had extensive experience as an art and antiques dealer and restorer.
Scott has been a featured speaker to many groups about appraisal-related topics, including the annual conference of the International Society of Appraisers. Scott has actively promoted the appraisal profession and include among my clients the University of Washington president's residence, the Washington State governor's mansion, the Seattle Art Museum, local municipalities, corporations, and numerous other institutional clients, as well as clients of high net worth.
"Scott helped me in a pinch with one particularly difficult client and an even more difficult insurance carrier requirement for an updated appraisal. His knowledge is astounding and his demeanor is extremely pleasant and professional."
—A Satisfied Client
• Former Student Preparator & Cataloger at the Far Eastern & Painting Collection, Henry Gallery, University of Washington
• Assistant Preparator, Seattle Art Museum
• Graduate instructor in art history at the University of Washington.
• Owner of Ark Limited Appraisals, Inc., Formerly Retail Sales & Sales to the Trade, Art Restoration, & Estate Services
• Former Member Board of Directors, Snohomish Arts Council
• Former Chairman Snohomish County Arts Commission
• Former Co-President, Northwest Chapter of the International Society of Appraisers
• Featured as a Consulting Expert on the PBS Program KCTS Connects: Avoiding Art Fraud
• Over 30 years experience apprasing fine arts and antiques.